Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Shoe Shelf


Yep, this is my Ikea Expedit shoe shelf! A boutique in Cleveland was closing up it's shop and I was lucky to be the first to respond to their ad on Craigslist that was offering up the bookcase (these things are REALLY popular, and the closest Ikea from Cleveland here is Pittsburgh)
I'm going to be honest, this doesn't house all of my shoes. I've got a a 60 gallon Rubbermaid tote in the garage that is completely full of my boots and another shelf holding more pairs of heels and sandals in the closet. But these are my favorites and the ones I will wear (or make a point to) the most.
Prior to this amazing shelf, I had ALL of my shoes in their original boxes stacked in rows up to the ceiling. It was madness. If I wanted to wear a certain pair, I'd have to search desperately for the designer and then the style name which I hopefully had turned outward on the box so I could see it. Boxes would eventually become bowed under the weight, and topple over when I'd go to get a pair out. Pretty soon I found I was just wearing the same pairs over and over because they were the most accessible. Out of site really is out of mind and now that I see all of the beauties I have, I'm wearing different ones left and right. I'm embarrassed to admit, there were several pairs I'd forgotten I owned completely.... But yeah, you could say I LOVE my new shelf. :)


3 comments:

  1. Wow this is actually something I dream about. If there was a word for the opposite of a nightmare, I would describe this as such. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want everything in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Thank you for sharing! I'm going to Ikea today to purchase!

    ReplyDelete